Questions to Consider:
- Are you serving on the board or are the leader of a charity, mission agency, church, camp, or a private school?
- Do you sense a need for significant change at the board level?
- Is there a specific problem, even if it may only be identified by its symptom?
- Does your board sort of use the Carver Policy Governance® model?
- Would it be helpful to have an independent consultant assist in facilitating change?
- Is your board motivated to see some significant changes how it governs?
Ted Hull Consulting serves charities, churches, camps and schools that:
- Have a specific problem, even if it can only be identified by its symptom
- Are motivated to solve the problem, even if the options are not clear
- Have an idea what would be different if the problem was solved.
272-3336 Portage Avenue
A Case Study
The church had been started by a few young families who saw the need for a family-oriented church in their community. With assistance from their denomination, the church had hired a pastor and eventually moved from rented facilities into its own building. Pastors have been hired to preach, teach, perform weddings and funerals. There was a regular turnover of board members, but invariably some o...
FYI - A BOARD IS GREATER THAN THE SUM OF ITS PARTS
October 22, 2014Board holism is a key principle in the Policy GovernanceŽ model because there are some interesting implications when board holism is not embraced. Board holism views the board, like a family as a whole; as an it, rather than a group of directors. However it may be easier to describe it than define i ......