Questions to Consider:
- Are you serving on the board or are the leader of a charity, mission agency, church, camp, or a private school?
- Do you sense a need for significant change at the board level?
- Is there a specific problem, even if it may only be identified by its symptom?
- Does your board sort of use the Carver Policy Governance® model?
- Would it be helpful to have an independent consultant assist in facilitating change?
- Is your board motivated to see some significant changes how it governs?
Ted Hull Consulting serves charities, churches, camps and schools that:
- Have a specific problem, even if it can only be identified by its symptom
- Are motivated to solve the problem, even if the options are not clear
- Have an idea what would be different if the problem was solved.
272-3336 Portage Avenue
A Case Study
He was the founder of a mission organization; establishing it with friends who agreed to sit on his board. Some were happy to provide support, encouragement and funds for the ministry. A few believed it was their responsibility to question travel costs, or hold the reins on administrative salaries or explore the extent of cell phone contracts. The board members were his friends, but the frictio...
FYI - POLICY GOVERNANCE - A WHOLE NEW GAME
September 15, 2014When a board is introduced to Policy Governance, sometimes referred to as the Carver model, as a way to help it govern better, it often views the exercise as a variation of the same game. Sure there will be new terms, some rule changes and a variety of variances; but after all a board is a board so ......